Committee membership to the Timeshare Association is open to any timeshare owners' committee, association or similar owner representative organisation from resorts in the UK and abroad.
However, full membership will only be available to those with owners' committees or other representatives directly elected by their owners. The majority of resorts in this category are mature resorts and not in the first phase of active sales.
Membership is subject to ratification by the Board.
Once full membership has been granted, every member organisation appoints one individual to vote at the meetings of the Company. If that individual is unable to attend, an alternative can be appointed.
One of the most important benefits for members is communication and information sharing between the member committees. This is undertaken through regular newsletters to all committee or organisation members. This is typically by email but also available quarterly in hard copy format and sent by post. It is also available to download directly from the TATOC website.
Newsletters provide up to date information and news about the timeshare industry, communication of important industry issues such as changes in legislation, summaries of surveys undertaken, best practice case studies, special offers available to the Timeshare Association's members, links to websites of interest and how to access various informative and educational documents.
- Information documents, CD roms and tele-conferences relevant to timeshare industry issues such as market trends, resales and rentals, VAT, insurance, legislation, positive PR. Many of these are available to members on-line.
- Industry articles for inclusion in member newsletters.
- Case studies of best practice for both resorts and associations.
- Special offers available from timeshare businesses to the Timeshare Association's members.
- Detailed survey results on various topics such as management fee, exchange provision, guidelines to changes in legislation, marketing timeshare, health and safety and best practice.
- Provision of speakers for resort AGMs.
- General legal and accounting advice.
- Media and press release service for members.
- Discounted fees for attendance at the Timeshare Association's Annual Conference (held in conjunction with the AGM). This is an outstanding networking opportunity for both owners representatives and industry delegates.
- Help desk facility for resort representatives to obtain further information regarding industry issues as required.
- The opportunity to contribute to the lobbying process with governmental departments.
- Website access to the Timeshare Association's news archives.
TATOC has a commitment to set its fees as fairly as possible ensuring that the smaller resorts pay less than the larger ones. As such, our fees are set based on the number of units at each resort using the following formula:
For resorts with up to 11 units - a fee for the number of units x 50 (weeks) x 22p
An example: For a 9 unit resort, the fee would be (9 x 50 = 450) weeks x 22p = ¬£99
For resorts with between 12 and 300 units - a fixed fee of ¬£185 plus the number of units x 80p
An example: For 56 units, the fee would be ¬£185 + (56 x 80p = ¬£44.80) = ¬£229.80
Please note there is a cap for resorts with over 300 units and that members can join anytime during the year at pro-rata rates.
For further details on membership please contact Harry Taylor.